I just love the look of this. Unfortunately I got so carried away I did not finish taking notes. What I have written down is 3 orchids image Lace BG Colour balance, R1000 G -79, B-100
then add image filter/distort/emboss/
Patt. bucket fill - I think the red one and think I did a colour invert.
Have a not in brackets that says (red cubes) and another that says new layer.
What I do know is that the swirly bits are from a brush. I must have added the 3 rectangles before the brushes. I know I did some bucket fill and I remember using a small brush tool or the pencil to fill the small areas in the blue.
It was the middle of the night when I did this and was just playing round until I got tired and so remember getting a bit excited about how it was evolving. I think it would make a nice screen...I tried to add text but had forgotten how so now I have downloaded some instructions will be trying text things. I have to thank Liz from Y-Knot for the inspiration I have gained from her sharing on her blog and also Neki, and Faith They are just so generous.